Got the form email this morning saying my skills weren't a match for the research lab position. I'm actually more disappointed about having to stay where I'm at (geographically and job wise) than I am about not getting this position. It wasn't a major surprise they didn't see a fit, and it was with some relief since the product lines they work on would never be at the top of my interests (multimedia interactions/content authoring). Obviously, it's always still ego bruising to get a rejection, even when it's partially expected, but onwards I go.
I'm not one of those "everything happens for a reason" people, which people usually use to suggest that some unknown forces or fates have a larger plan intended. Yes, things happen for a reason, but it's not pre-determined and beyond your control. Actions, intentions, attitudes, and so forth all shape those reasons. Uh oh, I think I might be espousing Fountainhead philosophy or something unintentionally. Ugh.
I'll keep pursuing other lab positions, and honestly, I should just stop being so lazy and try and work on getting parts of my dissertation published. That will help in achieving this goal.
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment