Saturday, March 19, 2011

Scone nirvana

I don't know what a proper scone is supposed to be, but the ones I typically encounter are really dry, crumbly, and lack oomph. The best scones to me are dry on the outside, but softer with just the faintest hint of being moist on the inside. The last good scone I remember having was 5+years ago at Royal Blend in New Orleans.

On recommendation from my hairdresser, I stopped in Ristretto's coffee shop today, and found a great scone and a nice cappuccino. The scone had tiny crumbles of pecan, mixed with a few bits of orange zest and some gorgeous chunks of chocolate, wow, it actually all really worked well together.



An intriguing looking clothing store next to the coffee shop, I didn't stop in, but will do so another day...


Some neighborhood cats who were about to fight, but I interrupted them.

1 comment:

  1. ha, cat stand off!

    I never understood scones until I had one homemade--those weird triangular pucks of tasteless compressed dust with a drizzle of milky wax on top that you typically see are horrendous--like, I can't understand why anyone would ever buy one twice but most coffee shops stock them so people must. It's a mystery.

    ReplyDelete