It makes me bizarrely happy that I can walk out my front door and amble over to stores I like to browse -- and then, if I get tired, easily take a bus home. I love that I can also step out and within a few minutes be at innumerable different trail heads and jog to my hearts content, and when I get tired of that I can (albeit, sweaty and gross at that point), go have a delicious French pastry and cappuccino before heading home.
I'm down to using my car approximately once a week for work (if I have errands/appointments I need to accomplish during the work day) -- but otherwise, I find it really pleasant to take the MAX and preferable to driving.
In random academic updates, I've submitted my dissertation to a "best dissertation" contest sponsored by APA, and I just found one other similar venue to do the same. I have no expectation of winning since admittedly I didn't spend much time on the 5-page summaries these contest require.
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment