Saturday, August 28, 2010

Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers

I haven't really found any memorable quinoa-specific recipes since I've started cooking with it, so now I'm trying to take regular recipes that use rice and replace with quinoa. I really liked how this Stuffed Pepper dish came out when I substituted the wild rice with quinoa. The arugula and tarragon herbs in this dish are really great additions -- my stuffing mix before the herbs was just OK, once they were added, it was absolutely delicious.

Changes I made:
- Did not use yellow squash
- Used 1 c. dried quinoa (cooked in 2 c. seasoned water/stock) instead of wild rice
- Did not use 14oz can of tomatoes
- Increased amount of tomato paste to 1/2 of a small can of tomato paste
- For the 1 c. of diced red & green peppers, I just used the cut-off tops of 3 peppers that I stuffed (removing any whitish segments, and obviously not using the stalk)
- Sprinkled in some Emeril Seasoning (I bought it as a substitute for adobo seasoning once, and I figured why not try adding some)

No comments:

Post a Comment