I never gave Leonardo DiCaprio much thought as an actor either way, but I've come to the realization that I've really enjoyed just about any movie he has starred in -- and furthermore, his acting is believable and good no matter the character he plays.
In my new quest to see everything he's been in, I've recently watched:
Body of Lies; decent thriller/action movie
The Basketball Diaries; I saw this a long time ago and just re-watched it, incredibly great movie
Revolutionary Road; I don't even recall this movie coming out/having heard of it, but I absolutely loved it. This is a love it or hate it kind of movie; it's a bit slow and plodding, slightly repetitive, and deeply, deeply depressing. However, the themes it touches on really speak to me (trying to find passion in life; ennui from the work world; trying to escape the rat race) -- I was enthralled watching it the whole time.
I probably won't re-watch Titanic though, which I remember seeing during college at some point. And Romeo & Juliet is not high on my list of seeing, but for completeness I'll make a go of it.
Sunday, July 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
He was good in Catch Me if You Can, but his accent in Blood Diamond was terrible. What's eating Gilbert Grape is another good one.
ReplyDeleteI've never seen Revolutionary Road so I'll have to check it out.
Thanks for the recommendations -- I haven't seen Catch Me If You Can or Gilbert Grape. I remember liking Blood Diamond when I saw it in the theaters though.
ReplyDelete