My first stop was to Westwood to stock up on Persian trail mix (ajeel), which is the most delicious combination of nuts, dried fruit, and candy in the world. I really should check to see if San Diego has any Persian markets, and I don't know why I never tried to seek out the same in the Bay Area... probably because I would gain 1000 pounds because I can eat this stuff non-stop.
I also stopped to have breakfast at my favorite diner that D. and I used to go to all the time--Rae's in Santa Monica. It was still delicious, and there's some weird sort of feeling of comfort in seeing and remembering the same waitstaff still there.
Pictures below are from Santa Monica (there is a gymnastics area with swingy-rings, a tightrope, and a climbing rope on the beach), and the Venice Beach Freakshow -- fire-eating, sword swallowing, and the wolf boy from Mexico was there too. LA definitely delivered on the entertainment front today.
No comments:
Post a Comment