Had an extremely delicious weekend of eating in Austin.
- Three visits to Mi Madre's for breakfast tacos
- Goat milk & caramel ice cream from Amy's (called Cajeta on the flavor board)
- Southern side dishes of mac & cheese, fried okra, and collard greens from Threadgills
- Glass of Malbec from The Driskill Bar & Lounge
- Napolitano-style pizza from Salvation Pizza
I already miss it all.
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Damn. It all sounds pretty damn good, but maybe I'm just hungry.
ReplyDeleteWhat does goat's milk ice cream taste like?
Since I don't have a sophisticated food vocabulary, the best I can come up with is that goat's milk ice cream has more depth and richness to the flavor.
ReplyDeleteLike, imagine the last time you had goat milk cheese in a dish (or maybe something similar like feta), and then compare that to the taste of regular cream cheese. The cream cheese just doesn't have that same amount of oomph to it -- it's still good, but very mild in comparison.