I only measured the dry ingredients, and just eye-balled my measurements for the wet ingredients. I also splashed in some brewed tea that was sitting in a cup because I needed the batter a little more wet, but I don't think it changed the flavor either way.
Jumbo Apple Muffins
1 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. white flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c sugar (recipe originally called for 1 c. sugar, but 1/2 was sufficient for me)
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 milk (I just threw some nonfat dried milk and 3/4 cup of water into the bowl)
1/2 c. plain yogurt
1/4 c. canola oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 egg
1 c. chopped apples (I recommend peeling the skin, did a mix of a Granny Smith & Gala)
1. Set oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Add wet ingredients into same bowl (except apples) and stir until combined.
4. Stir in diced apples.
5. Pour batter into a 6-unit mini-bundt pan loaf (or oversized muffin tin). You could also use a regular 12-unit muffin tin, but cooking time may change. I cooked for 20 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment