Sunday - Nothing.
Monday - Jackie Warner Power Circuit DVD. Basic weight training of all major muscle groups. I break a sweat and my muscles are sore, but overall an "easy" workout in the sense that it's not a cardio video too.
This video has one exercise that I've not seen on my other DVDs -- you do a wide stance squat (sumo squat) and hold that position, hands reach to your ears or behind your head with elbows bent, and then you just crunch over side to side working the obliques. I feel so broken trying to do this exercise, like my lower back and abs are too weak and locked to make the movement fluid.
Tuesday - 4 miles out & back on Scripps Poway Parkway. This is one of the easier runs I do (minimal hills, and the hills it does have are not steep) and it was just horrendously difficult today. My body felt stiff everywhere and when I finally felt my gait and muscles become comfortable half-way through, I then crapped out on energy and thought I was going to have to walk. I need to eat protein & complex carbs tomorrow morning before run; a banana, some nuts, and a Zone bar just really didn't cut it today. The Zone bar is not a part of my intended diet, but I was running late this morning and I have some laying around the house.
Wednesday - 3.5 mile trail run, but walked the hill back to office at the end. Breakfast of eggs with salsa on a whole wheat tortilla sustained me slightly better today. Limbs felt loose and limber. But somehow I became nauseous just prior while sitting in a meeting, so overall still another crummy run. I think I need to incorporate a mid-morning snack because I became really hungry again half-way through run and have spent the last 2 hours feeling dizzy and weak despite having quinoa+tilapia, an orange, an apple, and some mixed nuts. Grr.
Thursday - 30 minutes of balance ball exercises in a gym class (ab workout). Did a quick 1.5 miles on treadmill afterward to get a little cardio in. Nothing was too strenuous and everything felt fine.
Friday - Back on the 3.5 mile trail run. I think it must be hideously hot today, I became really dehydrated and ill. Had to walk the majority of the way back (which is not normal for me). Need to up my water intake.
Saturday - Just 30 minutes of weight lifting from one of the Chalean Extreme DVDs. Didn't push myself, just wanted to use my muscles a little bit first thing in the morning. Her methodology is heavier weights with slower reps and complete muscle failure.
Monday, May 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If you've just started exercising after a long layoff, your metabolism will fluctuate wildly and you'll be hungrier than expected. Feed the hunger with protein if possible. Ideally, you would eat a small meal five or six times a day.
ReplyDelete