Had dinner with coworkers tonight in the Pearl District at an Italian place called Piazza Italia -- for those who know Italian food categories, it's apparently a place that's really good if you're in Portland, but just kind of average if you were, in say, Italy. I had linguine with some kind of thick prosciutto which supposedly had egg mixed in, but the eggy taste didn't come through for me. The food was fine, but for $13.75, I definitely felt I could have made my own version of this.
It's weird to go out to eat Italian style pasta these days. I feel like ever since the Atkins diet became the rage and carbs were demonized (and along with the fact that most pasta dishes seem replicable at home), I eat pasta at a restaurant maybe once a year, if that. More like once every 2 years. Going for noodles (e.g. ramen) is somehow different. Go figure.
That dish looks unappetizing, but I can't really think of any Italian joints I like in Portland.
ReplyDeleteYeah, not an attractive plate (hence something I could make at home) - but it tasted good (though it's pretty hard to mess up meat, cheese, pasta, and olive oil.
ReplyDelete