1) Shoofly Pie (I made mine crustless)
2) BBQ Lentils
Both recipes were successful, but the pie was a bit too sweet, even for me. I'm gonna try it again another time with just 1/2 c. Xylitol. For this first time, I used 1/2 c. Xylitol + 1/2 c. brown sugar -- way too much sweetness. I didn't use any crust, just layered the crumb mixture and molasses mixture and baked for about 45 minutes -- I plan to eat this with plain yogurt for breakfast.
The BBQ Lentils are really really good (halved the recipe). I did not use 16 oz. tomato sauce (didn't have any) -- and the ketchup I used was Melindas Habanero Ketchup (which I think really helped give it a better flavor). My version is really flavorful and strong, so I'm going to try it over plain quinoa for work lunches.
No comments:
Post a Comment