I've been vacillating between confident optimism and resigned despair for the past 11 days as I continue to wait for the In*** results. I've become compulsively obsessed with staring at the Gmail web browser tab that stays open during the work day, waiting for it to refresh with a new message -- or alternatively, staring at my phone, waiting for it to light-up with an incoming call. Not a pleasant state of mind to be in, and now I'm just ready for the results so I can move forward either way.
As of tonight, I'm leaning more toward the mindset that I didn't get the job, because hey, if they really really wanted me, surely they would have said something by now. Though, granted, one of my UT friends just got a great librarian position at a city university, and they took 6 weeks to notify her (and her interview process was 11 hours to boot -- it included breakfast and dinner with the team).
Luckily, I have a very excellent distraction to occupy myself with now -- I'm going to Mexico City for vacation with the bf next week. I was there exactly 2 years ago and enjoyed the few days in MEX immensely (the rest of the trip was spent in a small beach town much further south). However, on the last trip, L. Noodle and I had quite a cushy time since her Mexican buddies took us around and handled all the transportation, translations, and planning. The burden of figuring it out on one's own (or at least with a lot of prior Internet research) is a welcomed task though, and I can't wait to go back there.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hopefully you guys won't get in the middle of a cartel shoot-out.
ReplyDeleteAs for waiting to hear, sometimes it takes these large companies time to churn through the HR paperwork. After another ten days, you might want to contact them again.
Thx... I'm planning to contact the company on Monday since then it will have been a full 2 weeks since the interview day.
ReplyDeleteThe hiring mgr. said it would probably be a few weeks before I would hear anything... I'm just really impatient.
buh. tedious. hang in there! And take some pictures at the weird Mexican markets for me :)
ReplyDelete