Monday, April 25, 2011

Go go go

Month of April has been seemingly non-stop travel/long work meetings (with a trip to Louisiana too to visit D's side of family).

I'm sitting in Cafe Capriccio in North Beach/San Francisco right now, waiting for it to get closer to 10am for a meeting with a design vendor. The cappucino I got here is really good.

Other eating highlights:
Elizabeth's in New Orleans -- best fried egg sandwich I have ever had in my life. Delicious pecan-glazed bacon too.

Magic Grille in Monroe, Louisiana -- roast beef po' boy heaven, though I'm certain I've maximized my cholesterol levels for the rest of the year by eating here.

Gravy in Portland -- actually, not a major highlight though the food was perfectly fine. But I'm making a note of it here because I want to go back and try the creme brulee oatmeal, which looks to be a big bowl of oatmeal with a brown sugary glaze/crust on top. It looked great.

La Penita in San Jose -- first time eating dinner here. We usually just come here for breakfast (the chilaquiles), but I had the sopes last night, and they were just superb.

Just For You in Dogpatch neighborhood/San Francisco -- oversized, made from scratch beignets. Different than what you would get at Cafe du Monde in New Orleans, but delicious in their own way. Great breakfast overall, I'd like to eat here again.

2 comments:

  1. My dad had the creme brulee oatmeal when we went to Gravy and it's hard to describe, but he thought it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent -- I will try and get to Gravy this weekend for oatmeal. Did you like your meal there? I thought they overdid it with the use of fennel seeds everywhere; there were some in my sausage/fried egg sandwich and some in the biscuits and gravy too.

    ReplyDelete