Saturday, March 24, 2012

Some healthful cooking

Occasionally I crave vegetables and this Vegetable Tian recipe looked easy enough to try. Unfortunately mine came out somewhat bland (not that yellow squash or zucchini have that much flavor to begin with...), so I'm going to have to experiment with this one some more--adding more seasoning and definitely cooking longer to get the veggies to brown more.


These paleo-ish pancakes sounded super gross and are an unattractive green color--but were really quite tasty. I used kale, not spinach, and I snuck in maybe about 1/4 cup of flour because I thought my batter looked too wet (maybe because I didn't have 1/4 cup of shredded coconut on hand as is called for in the recipe).

Paleo Pancakes (from a CF Facebook page):
4 eggs
2c tightly packed spinach
1/2c almonds or almond meal
1/4c shredded coconut
Dash of salt n pepper

Combine ingredients in a food processor and grill mixture like pancakes.

Savory version: add roasted garlic and rosemary for a tasty bread for sandwiches (remember those)

Breakfast version: add 1tbs honey, 1tbs cinnamon and 1tsp of nutmeg. Grill with coconut oil. Add syrup if you're feeling saucy.

No comments:

Post a Comment