Nothing particularly interesting to note as of late, work has been super busy but in a good way.
Crossfit workout beat me down this morning, in 15 minutes we had to do as many rounds as possible of:
20 x 65# hang power cleans, 20 x push ups, 20 x 20 inch box jumps
I'm happy to say that I didn't scale or modify any of it (hello real pushups!), but that also meant I only completed 1 1/3 rounds. The HPCs sucked up most of my time, I just couldn't get the weight up and had to rest a lot. My partner completed nearly 3 1/3 rounds--I'm mentioning her score only as a reference point for what I would like to work toward.
Found a copy of Barbara Ehrenreich's book _Bait and Switch_ on a bookshelf at work, so I'll be laying on the couch the rest of the day reading it. I wanted to go for a 3 mile run this late afternoon, but I'm really sore.
Saturday, February 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How far down do you go on your pushups? Do your boobs touch the floor?
ReplyDeleteIs your partner pretty beefcake?
Chest completely to the floor for the pushups and hands released once down -- basically I didn't waste any energy hovering and just dropped myself straight down to the floor. The really buff girls got in at least 4 rounds in 15 minutes.
ReplyDeleteOh, and since you're a dude, I think the guys weight for the hang power cleans was 95# in case that gives you a better reference.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know what a hang power clean was until about five seconds ago when I looked it up online. My wrists are pretty skinny so I might have trouble with flipping the bar up.
ReplyDeleteIt's looking like I'm going to have to give CrossFit a try.
You can likely teach yourself a lot by obessively watching YouTube videos (though I know for me, I do better when I have a real teacher for this kind of stuff to correct my form).
ReplyDeleteI'll email you the link to my CF gym's web site--they generally post each workout every day--so if you follow along, you can see what the moves are and just figure out how to do it on your own.