Saturday, November 5, 2011

October Workouts

I finally got a Garmin GPS watch -- I love collecting my running data with it -- I wish I would have bought one years ago.

Anyway, I'm now tracking all my workouts through Garmin's site, so now I finally have my workouts formatted nicely, though you have to click on the image to see it in full.

I joined a Crossfit gym this month; the accountability of having to show up for classes has been really helpful for me in staying on track each week with good eating habits. It's still tough at times in the office of endless treats and managing going out to eat with coworkers; but staying consistent with my workouts (and staying clean with my own eating at home/packed lunches) has helped keep it all in check.

I'm also loosely following Hal Higdon's 1/2-full marathon training planning with my runs; at its simplest, it is 3 short runs a week (3 to 5 miles) plus one longer weekend run (6 or more miles). As I said, loosely following...there's some nuances built in about tempo and increasing mileage each week.

2 comments:

  1. I think we have the same watch. Where did you get the cool tracking software? The software that came with mine is pretty clunky and not nearly as slick as what you've got.

    Ah. You're using their website. I probably should brew up an account as well since I work out every day.

    I've been thinking about Crossfit, but the location is not convenient for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    I think mine is the Garmin 110 -- I tried to get the most minimalist one possible, I didn't want to have it do anything besides GPS and heart rate.

    I only use the web site, mine didn't come with any PC software.

    Bummer that Crossfit location is not convenient, though you can certainly do the workouts on your own like P90X.

    ReplyDelete