Saturday, September 25, 2010

Selling Oneself

It's been a positive month overall for a prospective job, though of course none of it quite matters if no offer letters are secured. However, my confidence in interviewing and my ability to secure interviews has dramatically increased since I re-did my resume.

I always thought that just plainly explaining my accomplishments and abilities in a matter-of-fact way would be sufficient to draw interest, but I know see that's not true. Since re-writing my resume to have more skillful "marketing speak" about myself, I have had at least one recruiter from a major corporation expressing interest each week, whereas previously I was only getting this same interest 1-2 times a month.

The current state of prospects in order of preference is as follows:
(1) R&D job Samsung
(2) R&D job Intel
(3) HP Barcelona - hardware human factors
(4) Cisco - business collaboration tool user research

Right now I feel strongly for my preferences, but I also don't have any offers -- so my perceived set of choices may not matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment